Friday, May 23, 2014

Sigma Male Origins: Metamorphosis

I liken the Alpha to a "social butterfly" in his youthful phase from childhood to adulthood. He is bright, sunny, cheerful and amicably socially-oriented.

In the early childhood formation of the Alpha he goes from a Alpha larvae (given his "solid" healthy social environment) into a Alpha cocoon in his early adolescence and finally a Alpha (Social) "Butterfly" fully blossomed into a mature Alpha man in his later adulthood.

However, the youthful phase of the Sigma to a "Omega" larvae (as referenced by Vox Day when he said, "I was the larval form of an omega") to a "half-Sigma" cocoon into a mature Sigma (Solitary) "Moth", is a divergent process.

Although the socio-sexual hierarchy cannot be directly applied to prepubescent children; after learning the distinct traits of all socio-sexual ranks, one trained can clearly see with a fair amount of accuracy what boy children will grow into what socio-sexual ranks as they grow up.

It starts in who's the confident boys, shy ones, ones that challenge others, competitive, lead a group of other kids, are most popular, most talented, express social dominance and control.

Now kids don't always know how to behave correctly but by how they act and who "gives in" or "keeps space", you can't help but tell the differences between the Alpha and Beta boys.
For instance, when observing "alpha" boys; boys with alpha dominance genetics depending on their social environment upbringing, will grow up into Alphas or Sigmas. Good social environment = Alpha. Bad social environment = Sigma.

The boys who are "borderline" in the extraversion-introversion personality spectrum can go either way (Alpha or Sigma) and the "tipping point" is usually related to their immediate social environment in their social development.

I'm a INFJ personality-type Sigma. When I was a young boy I was quite more extraverted and boisterous than I am now (when I want to); so I know if my social environment had been better in my childhood and I stayed with my group of 4 friends (betas) in my old hometown I could have become Alpha instead of Sigma.

But because my family kept moving from place-to-place and we were poor, I couldn't build any good long-term social capital or "leverage" and build my kingdom within the surrounding community. I couldn't plant my (social) "roots"; I was always "uprooted" and going to a different garden, usually in a weird, disadvantageous exotic garden.

A black wolf surrounded by the culture and neighborhoods of the white wolf. I couldn't gain clear leverage to boost my social status and was ignorant of the social structure as I grew up in my childhood.

Only in my mid-to-late teens did I become cognizant of the social reality and by then was almost out of high school.
Now when I worked a daycare job I picked out a future "Alpha" and "Sigma" male in the same grouping and compared the coupling:

The biracial (black-and-white mixed) "Alpha" boy is older, led his group with unquestioning dominance of who was leader of the group. He was the most popular, friendly and decided what games all the boys would play, although he didn't really see or interact with younger Black "Sigma" boy much, but they knew each other.

Both boys come from poor, low status families but I noticed "Sigma" male child was even poorer and distinctly disadvantaged by his home background. Even so, Black "Sigma" male child was more dominant than most Sigmas I've encountered: he is future SIGMA class.

He was an ISTP personality type; and tended to be more of a introverted loner than some borderline Sigma boys I've seen, but he was more "aggressive", "street-smart" and tenacious than the other boys. Anything he did he LEAD; he wasn't the Sigma that was okay with following. When push came to shove he was a LEADER before he did any following.

He was a "sporty" type, athletically-gifted which are some of the key qualities of being a ISTP. Anytime he was with a group of boys he was the LEADER and boys listened and did what he had to say, even teenaged Beta boys who live in the same deplorable neighborhood. It was amazing to see in any case, as Black Sigma boy demonstrated to beta teenager how to perform a twist trick on a skateboard. But in the bad neighborhood and home background he's living in....this Black boy is gonna need every ounce of dominance and street-smarts he has to make it out of there. It's going to be a stressful future because things aren't going to get better for a long while.

I pray every day he overcomes his future challenges and lives long enough to experience a better life.

From what I could discern he has considerable intelligence although I likened it more to "street-smarts" and practical "hands-on-in-the-field" knowledge than "intellectual book-smarts" knowledge. He'll be intelligent but like many ISTPs, not always that interested in academics. That's more the realm of INTJs, INTPs and INFJs. So he might not perform well in academics in K-12 school and I hope I'm wrong but he totally has athletic gifts to be on a sports team in middle and high school.
Don't know the personality type of biracial (black/white) "Alpha" male child only black "Sigma" male child b/c of athletic prowess of ISTP personality type was the most obvious to pick out from the options: ISTP or ISTJ mostly. I will ultimately choose ISTP personality type for hit. It fits his natural disposition to a "T" in my opinion.

I'll hazard a guess that the Alpha boy was either a ENFJ (I'm thinking mostly like the ENFJ personality type), ESTP, ESFP or ESFJ; something like that. I have a harder time picking out the extraverted personalities but while biracial Alpha boy was athletic, he wasn't as obviously athletically-oriented as black Sigma ISTP. But since biracial Alpha boy was quite social, charming and definitely *group-facilitating* I would type him as an ENFJ personality type because although he could be a bit "spontaneous" with lack of order or routine of doing things, he kept a kind od "social group organization" in his actions such as him being in the center of a circle of his friends as he tells "stories" and gives "rules" for when the boys were going to play different games.

No comments:

Post a Comment